families with children 8

 

transcript

 

妈妈:来来来,小雪,看大虾,多吃点儿,啊!

Mother: Come here, Xiaoxue. Look at the shrimps. Eat more!

 

小雪:但正确的健康观念是让人少吃点儿。

Xiaoxue: But it is a healthy concept to tell people to eat less.

 

爸爸:诶,你不是今天第一天来嘛,这可是妈妈为迎接你专门做的。

Father: It’s OK. It’s your first day here. This is specially cooked for you by your mother.

 

小雪:是流星的妈妈。

Xiaoxue: She is Liu Xing’s mother.

 

妈妈:呃,来尝尝我做的茄子。

Mother: Umm, have a taste of the eggplant.

 

小雪:我不习惯在别人的帮助下吃饭。

Xiaoxue: I am not used to eating with the help of other people.

 

爸爸:我习惯,来来来,我特爱吃你做的茄子。

Father: I’m used to it. Come here, I’ll eat the eggplant.

 

妈妈:小雪有很多习惯,以后咱们大家都互相慢慢儿习惯。

Mother: Xiaoxue has many habits. And we get used to each other slowly.

 

爸爸:对。

Father: That’s right.

 

小雪:那恐怕得你们习惯我了,反正我是不会习惯别人的。

Xiaoxue: I’m afraid you need to get used to me. I won’t get used to anyone.

 

爸爸:吃菜吃菜。小雨快吃啊!

Father: Hurry up to eat. Xiaoyu, eat!

 

弟弟:妈,那个八条腿儿,横着走的那个熟了没?

Younger brother: Mum, that thing with eight legs, is it ripe now?

 

妈妈:哦,螃蟹呀,一会儿就熟,再等一会儿。

Mother: Oh, the crabs. They will be OK soon. Wait for a minute.

 

爸爸:对,妈妈一早去买的,都是活的。

Father: Right, mum went to buy them early in the morning. They were all alive.

 

小雪:哪儿产的呀,能确定没被污染过吗?螃蟹壳上有没有防伪标志呀?

Xiaoxue: Where were they from? Are you sure they weren’t polluted? There aren’t any anti-fake labels on their shells.

 

妈妈:哦,我一直以为只有正宗的那种大闸蟹,壳儿上才有标志呢。

Mother: Oh, I thought only the authentic hairy crabs have the labels on them.

 

爸爸:我也这么认为的。

Father: I thought so.

 

小雪:当然,因为你们没有主见。

Xiaoxue: Of course, that is because you don’t have your own thought.

 

爸爸:我建议为咋们第一次团圆饭,干一杯。

Father: I would like to propose a toast for our first reunion dinner.

 

妈妈:好!

Mother: Great!

 

爸爸:来来来。。。

Father: Come on…

 

妈妈:诶,我还有个建议,干脆咋们让小雪说几句祝酒词。

Mother: Hey, I have another proposal, we let Xiaoxue say something for us.

 

爸爸:可以。

Father: That works.

 

小雪:那我就说了啊,但不是一般的祝酒词。

Xiaoxue: OK, then. But what I’m say is quite unusual.

 

妈妈:肯定不一般,诶诶,就知道在那吃,你看看人小雪,人家作文特别棒,北京市的作文比赛都得过特等奖。

Mother: Of course it is. Hey, hey, don’t eat anymore. Look at Xiaoxue, her composition is good, and she won the special award in the Beijing Composition Contest.

 

小雪:第一,今后在这个家里我的独立人格必须得到尊重,我有权在衣食住行各方面保持自己的个性,不容置疑。

Xiaoxue: First, my individual personality must be respected by everyone in this family. I will have rights to be myself on all aspects of my daily life. That can’t be questioned.

 

小雪:第二,不许随便动我的东西,进我的房间必须先敲门儿,我不说请进就不能进来。

Xiaoxue: Second, don’t touch my things without my permission. Knock the door first before entering. Anyone mustn’t step into my room without my invitation.

 

刘星:妈,这就是你说的乖乖女啊。

Liu Xing: Mum, is she the good girl you talked before?

 

妈妈:别说话。

Mother: Keep quiet!

 

小雪:第三,我有权决定自己干什么不干什么,有权不回答问题,在我保持沉默的时候,请勿打扰。

Xiaoxue: Third, I have my own right to decide what to do or not to do. I have rights to refuse answering questions. Please don’t disturb me when I’m in salience.

 

爸爸:刘梅,那个。。。

Father: Liu Mei. It…

 

妈妈:我拿鸡蛋汤去。

Mother: I’ll get the egg soup now.

 

爸爸:我帮帮你。

Father: Let me help.

 

妈妈:不用。

Mother: It’s ok.

 

爸爸:小雪,你到底要干什么呀?

Father: Xiaoxue, what do you want to do?

 

小雪:我有权不回答问题。

Xiaoxue: I have my right to refuse answering it.

 

妈妈:来来来,汤来了,哎呀,小雪我听你爸爸说,说你从小就特别爱你这个西红柿鸡蛋汤。

Mother: Here, here, the soup is ready. Hey, Xiaoxue, I heard it from your father that you like the tomato and egg soup since you were young.

 

爸爸:对,哎呀鸡蛋打得有点儿多,太偏心了啊。

Father: Right, oh, there is too much egg in here. Your favor is too obvious.

 

小雪:那是我小时候,哦,对了,爸爸咱们好像有好长时间没住在一起了吧。

Xiaoxue: It was when I was child. Oh, right, dad, we haven’t lived together for a long time.

 

爸爸:对,长大以后的事儿,我不太清楚了。

Father: Oh, I’m not very clear about the things you grow up.

 

妈妈:哦。。。

Mother: Oh…